Real-Time Inventory & Pallet Tracking
Leading worldwide food supplier moves to more efficient inventory tracking system to improve accuracy and customer service.
Rich Products Corporation, a worldwide supplier to the food service, in-store bakery and deli, and retail marketplaces, embarked on an initiative to update the logistical planning and material requirements planning (MRP) technology in each of its North American plants. Peak-Ryzex developed a data collection system for use with SAP to allow for real-time inventory tracking, increased operational efficiency and improved customer service.
Situation: Implementing Real-Time Manufacturing Inventory and Pallet Tracking
- Industry: Manufacturing – Food/Food Service
- Location: Eastern United States
- ERP System: SAP
With locations spanning six continents, Rich's sells more than 2,000 different products in 106 countries. The company chose Peak-Ryzex to develop a WLAN data collection system that integrated natively with SAP and real-time inventory- and pallet-tracking in all facilities, using SAP planning and MRP solutions. Rich's knew moving to SAP would give them the ability to track inventory in real-time, making facilities more efficient and improving customer service.
Peak-Ryzex supported Rich's with functional and technical consultation on business processes and SAP integration, customized SAP transactions, RF wireless site surveys, RF and printing hardware selection and installation, custom label redesign, training classes, and go-live support.
Working closely with Rich's, Peak-Ryzex designed a solution allowing for a unique identifier for each pallet of inventory that integrated seamlessly with SAP, allowing staff to effectively track inventory in real time. Peak-Ryzex also helped select the wireless hardware outlined below.
- Cisco access points
- Honeywell mobile computers
- Honeywell vehicle mount computers
- Honeywell scanners
Featured Peak-Ryzex Services
- Functional and technical consultation
- SAP integration and customized SAP transactions
- RF wireless site surveys
- RF and printing hardware selection and installation
- Custom label redesign
- Training classes
- Go-live support
The transition was completed during the warehouse's busiest season without missing a customer order. With the transition to SAP, Rich's staff can now track raw material by vendor, product and lot code, which improves customer service and also helps locate ingredients that have been recalled by a manufacturer or the FDA. Additionally, the solution provided by Peak-Ryzex allowed for:
- Real-time manufacturing inventory and pallet tracking visibility
- Streamlining the number of transactions from five to one, improving efficiency for warehouse personnel
- Accelerating the process of receiving inbound materials inventory
- Expanded raw material inventory visibility to include vendor, product and lot code data throughout the entire system
- Enhanced inventory visibility to allow for rapid response to any manufacturer or FDA lot or traceability recalls
- Consistency in manufacturing execution to better respond to customer expectations and deadlines
For more information about real-time manufacturing inventory and tracking services, please call us at 1-888-275-7325 or fill out our contact form.