Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Managing mobile devices across multiple locations and end users requires careful attention. With an effective MDM solution, your mobile devices work well together. Service calls and business risk can be reduced. However, your MDM solution is only one piece of the puzzle. It can only function at an optimal level when managed efficiently on a daily basis. In order to maximize its potential, it requires a dedicated team of professionals with extensive knowledge of MDM best practices.
MDM services enable the P-R Manage Mobility team to remotely manage, support, track, monitor and secure your mobile devices.
- Manage – Provision, configure and control mobile devices
- Support – Efficient remote control and helpdesk tools for real-time support
- Track – Locate and track devices anywhere in the world real-time or historically
- Monitor – Proactive alerts and audit reports on device status for policy compliance
- Secure – Encrypt data, authenticate corporate access, restrict features, and lockdown devices
- IT Policy Enforcement – Ensure all systems meet Corporate standards and requirements
Leveraging more than a decade of MDM experience, our team helps you determine the right MDM solution based on your requirements. We begin with a comprehensive scoping process where we understand current and future requirements and then make recommendations based on your desired outcome and available resources.
MDM Installation and Configuration
Once we understand your requirements, P-R Manage Mobility will host your MDM solution in the Cloud or install your MDM solution to a server of your choosing (provided the server meets specified requirements). The server can be on your premises or hosted remotely. We then configure your solution based on the agreed outcomes from the preliminary scoping process. From here, we can turn it over to your team or we can play a more extensive role and alleviate any strain on your internal teams.
Like most solutions, MDM is rarely used to its full potential. Our P-R Manage Mobility team helps you to get the most from your solution by conducting training based on your specific audience. You determine if the training will be for your administrators who oversee the installation, or for your operators who will interface with the MDM solution on a daily basis for support purposes. We develop all content based on your desired audience, and the classroom training can be hosted at our facilities or yours.
MDM Server Support
Going beyond training, our team offers server support to your MDM administrators. We monitor the MDM environment and manage all of the MDM related information on your server. By outsourcing this task, our team will notify you of any server-related issues that may impact the performance of your solution and manage necessary server updates on your behalf.
MDM Deployment Services
The P-R Manage Mobility team can further alleviate the strain on your IT department by managing individual devices directly from our facilities.
Device Provisioning and Deployment:
- Stages the mobile device, installs all application software, configures the device to your requirements, activates wireless carrier voice/data plans, installs your custom start-up screen and performs tests to ensure the device is ready to go right out of the box.
Manage Mobility Service Help Desk:
- First or second-tier technical support for mobile devices. Should a device become inoperable in the field, we can reboot the device, reload the software and even reset the whole operating system without the device leaving the operator's hands.
- Eliminate the time-consuming burden on your internal IT staff of managing and maintaining your existing MDM environment by outsourcing this function to Peak-Ryzex's Manage Mobility Services team.
- Compliance-based security policies, including lost/stolen lockdown or wipe, encryption key rotation and role-based access rights management.
- Accurate database of your mobile assets with information on serial numbers, IP addresses, MAC addresses, geographic location, repair history, plus we offer custom reporting.
- OEM firmware and application updates can be distributed over-the-air to devices without returning the device to the OEM or IT department. Updates can be performed by P-R Manage Mobility during the day, in- between shifts, or overnight. P-R Manage Mobility supports many leading MDM vendors including: Wavelink, Soti, AirWatch, MaaS360, Zenprise, Mobile Iron, Good, etc….
What is MDM?
Mobile Device Management or MDM in its simplest form is a way to ensure productivity for your employees while keeping them compliant with the corporate policies you set for mobile devices. MDM can be cloud-based or on-premise and performs as a key factor in your enterprise managed mobility solution (EMM) by providing end-to-end security. Device management primarily deals with securing corporate documents, data segregation, enforcing corporate policies, securing emails, and integrating and the management of mobile devices. MDM solutions are not just for mobile phones, tablets, and laptops – they also provide management for mobile printers, kiosks, and point of sale devices to name a few – as the industry is shifting to a more general device management regardless of the mobile environment.
At the foundation of a secure mobile environment is the company’s MDM service. In today's society, it is not only company-owned devices that need to be managed and secured from external and internal threats. Today’s employees almost expect to be able to use their own mobile devices for certain job duties. With employees using their own mobile devices, the term BYOD is used to describe this in a corporate environment. BYOD stands for Bring Your Own Device. MDM services and solutions need to be able to manage both company-owned and employee-owned devices that connect to the enterprise.
Enrolling all corporate and employee devices might not seem like a big task, but without automation it often ends in an unsecured and extremely difficult to manage mobile policy. As employers and employees have vastly different expectations on what type of restrictions their personal devices should have, an automated and managed mobile policy is a must to reduce business risks and support costs.
MDM software simplifies the management of your devices by automatically configuring devices with the policies you set forth.
With an EMM solution utilizing MDM, you also can protect your business from other significant threats like a lost device or an ex-employee taking a device after they are no longer employed. Peak-Ryzex Manage Mobility provides an MDM solution that is able to not only locate any device in the system but also wipe the device remotely or lock it remotely, protecting the data. One automated process to help protect a company’s mobile device from theft or loss is to set up geofencing so that the device only works within a certain range from its specified location, and even time restricted access for additional security.
Expert advice with Mobile Consulting Services: We help you build a mobility roadmap to align the right services and solutions with your business needs.
Direct procurement with Mobile Procurement and Order Management: After understanding mobile needs we help you choose the correct mobile device and offerings.
Skilled provisioning with Mobile Device Provisioning & Deployment: Skilled project management and mobility implementation teams are engaged to deploy the solution.
Secure management with MDM: Implementation and management of your mobile devices and business apps across all departments.
Hassle-free support with Mobile Support Services: The Peak-Ryzex Manage Mobility Services Center features a complete suite of services to support ongoing mobile deployment and operations.
Ongoing optimization with Analytics & Optimization Services: Make more effective business decisions through reliable data analytics and reporting.
Telecom Expense Management including all the great features of wireless mobility management (WMM), including ordering, inventory, and reporting through an easy to use online tool.
Easy self-service online portal allows you to view, manage, and review the information you want on your own time and schedule.