- Industry: Food Processing
- Location: Northwestern United States
- ERP System: Legacy host system / MS-SQL database
A leading processor of fish was implementing a system to automatically label bags of product with unique barcodes, including season, plant and serialized value. Peak-Ryzex assisted this customer when they needed a way to validate and track the loading of product into trucks to ensure weight capacity did not exceed limits and the right product went on the right van.
The solution needed to integrate with the newly implemented system, which uses inline print/apply units. It is based on MS-SQL database with a web front-end. The system allows supervisors to assign vans to docks and product types to vans for loading.
Additionally, the solution needed to be rolled out to up to four sites in phases. The customer also wanted to be able to take control of the application after deployment and maintain it using internal resources. The system had to be robust, fast and operate 24 x 7 during fishing season.
Peak-Ryzex provided a real-time wireless solution leveraging Intermec CK71 mobile computers and running an application developed using MCL-Collection rapid development software suite. The solution allows supervisors to assign vans to docks and product types to vans for loading to ensure more accurate tracking and prevent overloading of vans by weight.
- Honeywell CK71 mobile computers and accessories
- MCL Collection Software
Featured Peak-Ryzex Services
- Custom software development
- Professional services to design/develop the application, augment database design, documentation and go-live support
- Integration services to existing host system
- Installation/training services
- Remote support services
- Depot repair on Honeywell CK71 devices
The customer is able to validate that the right product gets onto the right van. It also can ensure no van will exceed its highway weight capacity, per DOT requirements. Direct integration with the newly implemented system is in place so the company has one system in which it can audit activity and check status.