Dear Valued Peak-Ryzex Customer,
As part of our continued efforts to ensure the health and well-being of all key stakeholders in our business, Peak-Ryzex leaders are actively monitoring the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and are executing plans to reduce the potential impact of COVID-19 on our organization. Our first priority – now and always – is the health and safety of our employees, customers, supply chain partners, and the communities in which we operate.
Based on the information available, we are asking and expecting that all Peak-Ryzex employees abide by the following commonsense steps to reduce the potential spread of this illness:
- Employees to stay at home if they are sick or have symptoms of an illness. Any employee who becomes sick or presents symptoms while at work will be asked to go home immediately.
- Before our employees with an illness return to work, they need to report to HR on any flu-like illnesses (for them or their family) as well as any potential exposure they may have had to COVID-19.
- If an employee is able to work from home, we are strongly encouraging these employees to work with their manager to do so, unless an employee’s role requires them to be present in one of our offices or facilities.
- No non-essential air / train travel. Until further notice, we are pausing all non-essential domestic and international business travel via train or air.
- Practice great hygiene. We are posting signage in our offices to remind employees to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid people who are sick.
In Peak-Ryzex offices:
- We have begun basic screening of all office visitors at all Peak-Ryzex facilities.
- Switch to virtual meetings. We are asking that only essential visitors (delivery persons, cleaning and maintenance staff, etc.) be invited to visit our offices. We are asking employees to work with other visitors to transition to Skype conferences.
- Increase stocks of hand sanitizer and Kleenex at our locations.
- Provide and encourage use of antiseptic wipes for frequently touched surfaces such as workstations, doorknobs, keyboards, and desks as well as general use at our locations.
- If in the unfortunate event one of our employees working at one of our locations becomes ill with the virus, Peak-Ryzex will engage an outside company to sanitize the facility to reduce the likelihood of the illness spreading throughout the facility to other employees.
Vendors and trading partners:
- The Peak-Ryzex procurement and supply chain team is in constant communication with our vendors and distributors to monitor any disruptions or delays. If any significant delays are expected, we will communicate these with our customers. Peak-Ryzex has multiple sourcing options for most vendor products, including procuring directly from the manufacturer, or through a set of strategic distributors. If one trading partner in our network experiences any setbacks or disruptions due to the crisis, we can enact our business continuity plans and rely on secondary suppliers in most cases.
- One of our largest partners, Zebra Technologies, has issued the following guidance: “We have activated our mitigation plans to ensure a smooth supply chain. However, given these unique circumstances, you may see a slight extension in lead times on some products. You can confirm current lead times directly with your Peak-Ryzex Account Manager. Your account manager has or will reach out to you to develop a plan to help ensure complete visibility on product and supplies delivery targets. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated as more information becomes available.”
Field Service Operations:
- Peak-Ryzex has approved reimbursement to our field-based Customer Service Engineers for the cost of hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, and protective plastic gloves.
- Our Field Service organization is working closely with our customers to understand and comply with their specific requirements and processes for onsite technician calls.
- In the event a field-based Customer Service Engineer is sick or reports an illness, a Customer Service Engineer from a neighboring territory can be utilized to assist our customers with their onsite repair needs. Peak-Ryzex also has the ability to use a subcontracting partner to ensure continuity of service.
Depot and Managed Service Operations:
- Administrative operational staff will work remote from home offices.
- Several workstations are being reconfigured in our device staging area in order to maximize distance between workers. Workstations will be sanitized daily.
- Technical Support and Helpdesk personnel will work remotely from home offices.
- Logistics Center staff supporting device staging will continue to work at the facility. Employees who have been exposed or are symptomatic will not be allowed on site. The work areas will be sanitized before and after each shift. We will reroute/relocate equipment to different logistics centers for staging if necessary.
- In our main managed services facility in Alpharetta, GA, we have implemented staggered shifts to reduce the risk with our core operational teams.
- We will work closely with our device repair partners to identify and mitigate any potential business impacts. Our repair partners have multiple facilities throughout North America that can provide staging and repair services in the event we need to divert service to other facilities.
- We are also implementing the OEM recommended sanitization standards as we intake and deploy devices following their protocols and others as applicable.
We believe it is critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. While the situation is ever-changing, we are committed to taking responsible actions in keeping our employees, our customers, our partners and our communities safe. To allow us to facilitate consistent and effective responses to requests, we have set up a shared mailbox to coordinate inquiries about Coronavirus. If you have any questions about our Coronavirus plan, please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.