Since PEAK Technologies acquired Ryzex in 2011, both organizations have undergone a major transformation, dramatically expanding our resources, increasing our solutions offering, strengthening our geographic and industry presence and finally merging back-end business and processes through SAP and other systems.
The combined companies officially became Peak-Ryzex on November 1, 2012. Now more than 500 employees strong, Peak-Ryzex delivers the financial strength, international presence, solutions expertise, and the depth and breadth of experience needed to support even the most extensive and sophisticated enterprise.
PEAK Technologies was incorporated in 1986, during the heart of the bar code revolution followed by strategic acquisitions of automatic identification and data collection (AIDC) value added resellers and integrators throughout the world. These strategic acquisitions created the nucleus of the new PEAK Technologies and merged the infrastructure, products, processes and people of each company to form the first significant international AIDC solutions provider in the world.
Each value added reseller and integrator that joined the PEAK organization provided a unique technical proficiency and experience base to the new company. The union of these organizations brought together specific expertise in bar code printing, line and laser printing, bar code supplies and consumables, wireless radio frequency data collection systems, systems integration, and service.
Over the years, PEAK has continued to grow and has helped thousands of companies get wireless data management and printing/media solutions safely and effectively implemented. This proven success has positioned PEAK Technologies to be the industry's most trusted and experienced international systems integrator of supply chain automation and inventory management solutions delivering tangible return on investment to some of the world’s largest companies.
- PEAK acquires Integrated Labeling Systems (ILS - Nashua, NH)
- PEAK launches new online ordering capability on www.peaktech.com web site
- PEAK launches new financial services offering through PEAK Financial Services
- PEAK selected as subcontractor to GTSI for the Department of the Army's Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) - IV Contract.
- PEAK goes live with SAP as its new ERP system company-wide.
"As a mid-market company faced with the global pressures of a Fortune 500 company, we knew that SAP ERP was a smart choice to enable us to address dynamic business processes and ever-changing customer requirements," said Ross Young, president & CEO, PEAK Technologies. "SAP ERP provides PEAK the unique opportunity to leverage efficiencies with our suppliers as well as our customers; it allows us to truly maximize our own supply chain."
- PEAK moves corporate headquarters to a new modern facility in Columbia, MD (10330 Old Columbia Road). The new facility features a state-of-the-art technology infrastructure which allows PEAK to offer numerous improvements in customer service and communications with the company's valued customers, vendors and business partners.
- PEAK moves warehouse capabilities from Columbia, MD to Dover, NH. The Dover, NH facility now includes the PEAK warehouse, repair depot and Telpar business unit.
- PEAK launches voice-enabled solutions for optimizing SAP supply chain operations.
- Ross Young named President and CEO of PEAK Technologies.
- PEAK sells Telpar Distribution business to Synnex Corporation.
- PEAK expands network of resources focused on integrated solutions for SAP.
- PEAK Automation Controller receives "Powered by SAP NetWeaver" Certification.
- Platinum Equity completes acquisition of PEAK Technologies.
- PEAK opens RFID test and integration laboratory at Columbia, MD headquarters.
- PEAK Automation Controller product launched; RFID Device Controller software for SAP’s AII module.
- Company launches PEAK Compliance RFID retail compliance solution.
- RR Donnelley acquires Moore Wallace.
- PEAK opens RFID test lab in Englewood, CO.
- PEAK among the first integrators in the country to help SAP customers achieve compliance for Wal-Mart’s RFID initiative.
- PEAK named to LXE partner advisory board.
- Moore Corporation Limited and Wallace Computer Services combine.
- PEAK named to Symbol partner advisory board.
- PEAK named Symbol Certified Professional Services Provider.
- VAR Business – Largest Solutions Providers in North America, #140.
- PEAK achieves Cisco Wireless LAN Specialization Certification.
- VAR Business – Largest Solutions Providers in North America, #162.
- Symbol Technologies Top Revenue Producer, Zebra Technologies Top Reseller, Intermec Systems Partner, Highest Revenue, Printronix Top Reseller.
- PEAK Direct Telesales and PEAK Direct Online launched.
- SAP solutions group launched .
- Bar code eliminated from PEAK logo as company repositions to solutions and services focus.
- PEAK acquired by Moore Corporation Limited.
- Innovative Products & Peripherals Corporation based in Denver, Colorado was merged with PEAK to expand PEAK’s services to the Rocky Mountain area and the Southwest.
- Dytec (St. Paul, MN) merges assets and business operations with PEAK.
- PEAK purchases certain assets of Numeric Arts Limited, a UK-based integrator.
- AccuScan, an Atlanta-based integrator, was merged into the company.
- PEAK purchases outstanding stock of Mandata, a Norwegian-based integrator.
- PEAK purchases certain assets of Datapen Systems Limited, a UK-based integrator.
- PEAK purchases certain assets of ISF, a French-based bar code integrator.
- Venture Development Corporation proclaims PEAK the world’s largest independent Distributor/VAR/Systems Integrator of Bar Code Data Capture Products
- PEAK named Channel Partner of the Year by NORAND.
- PEAK named Reseller-of-the-Year by Symbol Technologies.
- PEAK acquires NACO Electronics Group to bolster presence in New York and New England which included VisionData, a NACO Distributor division.
- PEAK purchases Endata Group Limited, a United Kingdom-based systems integrator and changes name to PEAK Technologies UK Limited.
- PEAK purchases certain assets and the distribution business of Group Three Electronics, Inc. and acquires in a merger transaction all of the outstanding capital stock of Concord Technologies, Inc.
1988 - 1991
- PEAK purchases Gentry Associates, Inc.
- PEAK completes Initial Public Offering.
- Telpar merged into a wholly-owned subsidiary of PEAK.
- PEAK acquires Logon, Inc.
- Telpar Inc. acquired by group of investors that included affiliates of PEAK.
- PEAK purchases Distribution and Service Division of MESA Technology Corporation (MESA).
- PEAK Technologies Group was incorporated in Illinois and formed as a holding company.
Our long history is supported through strong partnerships
and backed by awards and credentials
. Contact us to learn more.